Travel Agent Website – Canton, CT
Cynthia Yanok, of Travelin’ Along, is a travel agent based in Canton, Connecticut. Cynthia reached out to us to complete a website for her that needed a lot more work. Her travel agent website was started with the Weebly website builder through a travel association. Although WordPress is our preferred website platform for many reasons, we occasionally work with websites different platforms if the site is already established.
Building the Travel Agency Website
Cynthia knew her website would need search engine optimization because she wanted to get found in search to grow her business. She also had some ideas for travel images and design for a couple of her specialties. One of her specialties is wine and food cruises and another is knitting vacations. Cynthia has many travel certifications from various associations that qualify her to help others put together great vacation packages, and she wanted to feature those on her website. There were also many vacation brochures she asked to have on the site so visitors could read about the details of trips before contacting her for assistance to get the best rooms and amenities.
Additional Marketing Services
Cynthia especially wanted to promote her “Knitting an Icelandic Saga” trip which is scheduled for September 2019, and asked for our help with this as well. Webscape Design provided the following marketing services:
- Created a flyer which included the itinerary for the trip and some select pictures of points of interest.
- Set up a free MailChimp account and imported her lists of contacts that had already opted in elsewhere.
- Developed a marketing campaign within MailChimp for the knitting trip.
- Set up a Travelin’ Along business Facebook page so she can post to her audience, gain more followers and encourage them to visit her website.
- Helped her set up her free Google My Business listing and showed her how to optimize it.
- Set up and integrated Google Analytics and Google Search Console with her website to track the habits and devices used by the visitors on her site.
Cynthia is thrilled with her new website and the results of the additional marketing. In fact, the very first email campaign added two new travelers to her September knitting trip. Her Google Analytics statistics are showing that she’s receiving traffic from both the email campaign and Facebook. It also shows that she’s getting traffic organically in search so we can conclude that the search engine optimization is paying off. We also know now that over 70 percent of her traffic views her website on a desktop computer so we’ll continue to ensure that her website looks great on larger screens. Her visitors are split almost equally between genders and they spend an average of over 3 minutes viewing her web pages.
Visit the Travelin’ Along website and get in touch with Cynthia to ensure you have the best vacation possible.
You may also like the Funny Girl Travel Blog website project.