Bike Shop Website in Canton, CT
Based in Canton, CT Benidorm Bikes is the leading bicycle shop in the area. Benidorm was an early adopter to the web and their original bike shop website was a good 10 years overdue for a makeover. They needed a total rebuild with a website design that was responsive, along with many other improvements. They wanted to:
- increase their visibility and position themselves as an authority within the cycling space
- make the site easier to navigate
- allow customers to request service appointments and personal bike fittings online
- showcase the brands of bicycles they carry
- promote in-shop events, cycling-related community events and charity rides
- tell their story of how Benidorm Bikes came about and the meaning of the name
- introduce their team of employees so their customers will recognize faces when they come into the store
Being a mountain biking enthusiast, I was excited to take on a bike shop website project to help spread the word and get more people in the community out on bikes.
Jan wanted her World Champion stripes built in somehow and the navigation bar was the ideal place. On the home page she requested there be five layer slider images of her choosing, and flip boxes that filp images when hovered.
Jan had a clear idea of what they wanted and that helped move the process along. She felt strongly about writing the content for the site and that helped to make the site more personal and show their style. There were several other important features that needed to be included:
- Mobile responsive layout and design was imperative
- Contact forms specific to their Service, Find a Bike, Bike Fitting and Contact Us pages.
- Tap-to-call phone numbers
- Newsletter integration with their email marketing provider
- Facebook integration
- Implementation of their new bicycle Trade-up Program
The new bike shop website takes on a more welcoming and engaging feel and invites visitors to explore. Events pages detail their in-shop workshops, charity rides, cycling club, advocacy and more. The Trade-up Program is a big success and the page-specific contact forms help with workflow and scheduling
The Meet Us page gives a real feel for who they are, how Benidorm Bikes came about, and the meaning behind the name. It’s worth a read even if you’re not a cycling enthusiast.
In March 2019 the website was rebuilt into an e-commerce site by a cycling-specific marketing company, however much of our original design was incorporated into the new website.
You may also be interested in seeing a project we did for a Mountain Bike Skills Coaching business. View the MTB Skills Training website.